A good night's sleep is essential for your body and leaves you feeling refreshed for the next day. To ensure a peaceful night's sleep, it's essential to look at not just the way your bedroom is built but also the direction of your sleep, i.e., which direction you face as you lie down. This ancient tradition of Vastu Shastra suggests specific guidelines for the best way to sleep. This can have an impact on physical and mental well-being.
Which is the best direction to sleep according to Vastu Shastra?
In accordance with Vastu and other ancient Hindu texts, achieving the most comfortable sleeping position can also enhance one's physical and mental health. But, the guidelines to keep the head in a specific direction when sleeping could differ for people who live in different zones of the world. Therefore, the optimal Vastu sleeping position could directly correlate to the earth's magnetic poll.
South is the most suitable sleeping direction for the northern hemisphere. North is the best direction to keep the head's position when you sleep on the south side of the hemisphere.
The best sleeping direction in the northern hemisphere.
The best sleeping direction is the South in the northern hemisphere. First, it is essential to comprehend the effects of electromagnetic fields and energy on our bodies and health. Both the earth and the human body have magnetic poles. The magnetic poles on our planet run from north to South, with the positive pole located in the northern part of the planet and the negative one to the South because the magnetism of the earth sleeping in the direction of the north can cause the two poles that are positive to oppose each other.
According to Vastu guidelines, the best way to sleep is in the South and East to have the head point in the direction of South or east, and the legs are to the north or west. This is also the method that is scientifically proven to fall asleep.
The best sleep directions in the southern part of the hemisphere
The ideal sleeping position according to Vastu Shastra, will be contingent on the hemisphere you're in. If you reside within the southern part of the hemisphere it is important to comprehend the impact of magnetic fields. According to Vastu what direction should you rest in if you're situated in the hemisphere? One can lie down with the head pointed in any direction other than the direction of south.
According to Vastu Shastra the recommended sleeping direction for the southern hemisphere is North East and West.
Why is the East the most suitable sleeping direction within Vastu?
The direction of the east is that of the sun's rising, which is thought to be beneficial for meditation and other spiritual pursuits. Sleeping with your head toward the east and one's feet facing west will ensure a restful sleep. East is the most optimal direction to sleep because it boosts concentration and memory. This is why it is also suggested for students. It is also essential to position the bed in the child's room with the east to encourage the growth of their bodies and minds.
It also rotates from east to west. The waves that flow through this direction have positive energy and give positive energy to the entire body. It also balances the three doshas mentioned in Ayurveda: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. This is why the east is thought of as the ideal way to sleep.
Why is the South the best place to rest?
The position of your head toward the South and your feet towards the north is strongly advised in Vastu. Here are a few benefits of sleeping in toward the South.
- It helps to sleep more soundly and offers a wealth of health benefits. Based on the concept of magnetic fields when you sleep in this direction, it can promote harmony during sleep.
- The direction of the South is that of Lord Yama, the God of death. According to Vastu, sleeping in this direction encourages deep sleep with numerous benefits for health, such as lower blood pressure and prevention of sleep deprivation, as well as anxiety-related issues.
- It's also the best way to get a good night's sleep to increase riches and wealth.
- Sleeping in the south-facing direction permits brain cells to connect and rejuvenate. This ensures healthy brain function. It also aids in reducing stress.
- What happens if you are sleeping with your head facing in the direction of the South?
- If you are facing the South for sleep, it aligns your body's magnetic field with the earth's magnetic pole. The head, which is located at the north pole, is orientated toward the south pole of the earth. Since opposing forces interact when you sleep, this position is advised for health benefits such as high-quality sleep and overall well-being. If you choose to sleep in a north could cause headaches as well as an increase the blood pressure.
The direction of sleep and the placement of the bed according to Feng Shui
According to Vastu Shastra in addition to Feng shui, The bed should not be placed beneath any overhead beam, or other types of object, even windows, which could block the flow of energy. It is recommended that the bed be placed close to the wall so that the door can be seen but not directly across. According to Feng Shui, this helps you stay in a position of command and offers the best sleeping position. The feet shouldn't be pointed toward the door.
To ensure you face the correct direction to sleep in your bedroom, take note of the layout of the bedroom. To facilitate positive energy flow in the bedroom, ensure that your bedroom is clean and clutter-free.
According to Feng Shui objects, such as paintings, curtains and plants can absorb negative energies and transform them into more positive energy. Plants can bring calming energy to the bedroom and reduce stress.
According to Vastu shastra, the color scheme must be selected to correspond to the three doshas types: vata pitta and Kapha. They represent the natural elements in various forms.
Vata Dosha (air): The color scheme of yellow and green is ideal for people with Vata Dosha (air).
Pitta dosha (fire and water): The blue and green combination is suitable for pitta dosha (fire and water).
Kapha Dosha (earth and water): The color scheme of violet and red is perfect for Kapha Dosha (earth and water).
So, aside from ensuring that you are sleeping in the correct posture as per Vastu and other astrological principles, you can alter the color scheme of your space to increase positive energy.
Apply a new coat of paint to the bedroom
Based on Feng Shui, certain colors work best in certain directions in the bedroom to attract certain energy sources.
Feng shui suggests the following colors according to the direction of the bedroom:
Direction Element Colour scheme Significance
East Wood Green Family, health, and growth
West Metal Grey or white Children and Creativity
North Water Blue or black Life and career course
South Fire Red Reputation, fame, and power
Make an accent wall for the bedroom to incorporate these colors and reap the benefits.
- According to Feng Shui principles, the bed should be placed on the wall. Don't put the bed in the window.
- According to Feng Shui, The ideal location to put the bed is on the wall directly opposite the bedroom door so that the door is seen but is directly in line with it. The bed should be in a commanding position, allowing one to feel more powerful and in charge of the situation. If the bed is not put on the wall opposite, you can add a mirror that lets you see the door.
Best way to fall asleep: What direction is best to sleep scientifically?
Based on some research studies, it has been discovered that humans are sensitive to the earth's electromagnetic energy. When you are sleeping in the South, the results show a notable decrease in blood pressure and improvements in quality of sleep.
Contrarily sleeping with your head in the north direction could affect the body and cause brain tension due to the pole magnet. The head is the pole of the north; therefore, the opposite direction is not recommended for sleeping. According to one study, changes in participants' brain waves were seen when they were exposed to manipulating electromagnetic fields, indicating that humans are sensitive to the earth's magnetic energy.
What direction is the best to rest scientifically in India? One must consider the best sleeping direction for the northern hemisphere, that is, either South or East.
The theories you hear about are the result of research from scientists. The position of sleep in the South direction offers many benefits compared with other directions. Because the head functions as an arc of the north and are oriented towards the north, sleeping in a northern position could affect health. Furthermore, sleeping in the correct place also helps get to the rapid eye movement sleep stage. This is essential to enhance cognitive performance.
The direction of sleep you must avoid
The effects of sleeping with your head facing west
- According to Vastu, the direction to the west is not a preferred direction for sleeping. When one is sleeping, one's head is pointed toward the west, which can cause more restlessness and impact the quality of sleep. It will help you eliminate the negative energy.
The effects of sleeping with your head in the north direction
- According to Vastu, there are better directions to rest than the north. So, avoiding sleeping with the head towards the north is recommended. The magnetic forces that sleep in this direction can result in a variation in blood pressure, which can cause difficulty for your heart's ability to circulate blood. The blood vessels that go towards the brain are the appearance of hairs in contrast to the ones running down. There is a belief that, in a few situations, there's a chance of hemorrhage. Additionally, blood contains iron, and the magnetic pull that occurs when you sleep toward the north draws iron, which causes an impact on the brain. The direction you sleep in can disrupt blood circulation and cause health problems such as headaches.
- According to research, individuals that sleep with their heads in the north-south direction could take a longer time to reach fast eye movement (REM), a state of sleep vital for mental health and overall emotional well-being. However, those who slept in the east-west positions were able to enter the REM phase earlier.
The best direction to sleep for couples
If you are designing a bedroom for couples, it's essential to take specific Vastu guidelines in your mind. The bed should be placed in the South or southwest region is advised. Additionally, as per Vastu, the wife should lie with her partner on their left to create a harmonious marital relationship. For couples, the ideal direction to rest is with their head to the South, southeast, or southwest. Facing the door during sleep or resting under an overhead beam is not recommended.
Also, eliminate any objects that could block the flow of energy and do not have any connection. For example, electronic objects like computers should not be placed for use in bedrooms. It is better to place things that enhance the relationship, like elephants. There are a few things to consider when deciding on the best sleeping position for couples.
The most optimal sleep position for pregnant women is to sleep on the right side because it increases blood circulation between the heart, the uterus, the fetus, and the kidneys. The position of sleep on the left also reduces pressure on the liver.
The best way to sleep in the master bedroom
According to Vastu Shastra. The most beneficial direction to sleep is either the South or SW direction since it is conducive to peace and a restful night's sleep.
In accordance with Vastu for master bedrooms Shastra guidelines the master bedroom must be constructed in the southwest region of the home. When creating the master bedroom, you must know the correct sleeping direction stated in Vastu. Be sure that the headboard is located in the direction of west or South and your legs face in the east or north as you sleep. There shouldn't be windows or overhead beams behind the headboard since this could impact the quality of your sleep.
The direction of sleeping and its consequences according to Ayurveda
Vastu Shastra and Ayurveda, an ancient alternative healing system also lay importance on getting the most optimal direction to sleep for optimal overall health benefits.
According to Ayurveda, people should sleep on their left to maintain good overall health and well-being. You should be sleeping this way to encourage ease of breathing, improve circulation, and reduce pressure upon the heart. The ideal position for sleeping is to sleep sideways. Way to sleep since it increases the flow of prana or vital force flow within the body.
According to Ayurveda, sleeping on one's side facing the right side activates the right nasal (or Surya Nadi as well as the left one, or Chandra Nadi. It helps ensure that your body's cells remain awake and aligned with the divine mind while protecting the mind and body. Avoid sleeping on your stomach.
Sleeping direction and helpful guidelines to be aware of
Vastu shastra focuses on providing the best sleeping position for a peaceful sleep. Similar to Feng Shui, the old Chinese technique also lays down guidelines to boost positive energy flow through the home. Also called Chi Positive energies can be boosted by the proper arrangements of your bedroom and its many components. Here are some strategies to ensure the correct sleeping position and orientation.
- According to feng shui principles and rules of feng shui, it is advised not to put the bed on the wall or under any window.
- It is vital to ensure that your bed is set on the opposite side of the bedroom door but not in alignment with it. This is called" command position.
- The ideal sleeping position, as suggested by Vastu as well as Feng Shui is one in which your feet are not pointing toward the door.
- Decorate your bedroom by incorporating plants and a calming painting to increase energy flow and remove negative energies.
- Make sure the space is free of clutter, even electronics like computers and other devices. This will increase energy flow and increase positive energy.
Que. In which direction do we avoid? Go to sleep?
Ans If you reside within the Northern hemisphere, you must avoid sleeping in a position where your head is pointed toward the direction north. It is also crucial to be aware of the side on which we shouldn't sleep in the southern part of the hemisphere. According to Vastu, the rules, you shouldn't rest with your head pointed toward the South in south-facing hemispheres.
Que. Can we sleep in the west direction?
Ans West isn't the best sleeping position, according to the Vastu. However, it could be beneficial for certain people. The position of sleep could make someone successfully drive and won't have any negative impact.
Que. Is the southwest direction suitable to sleep in?
Ans. The southwest is the most proper Vastu direction for arranging the bed in the bedroom. It is suggested as the most suitable sleeping position for couples, as per Vastu. Sleeping your head toward the South, southeast, or southwest is suggested.
Get best vastu guideline for Flat